Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Presentations!

So I started today giving a presentation on space exploration to a high school english class at 8am. Unfortunately, two of my videos didn't work on the microsoft computer so my supervisor got mad at me. Oh well. The kids really liked the presentation and the teacher was happy and wants me to talk to all the english classes at the high school. Then I had class 10-12. Last class with this teacher. Local Hungarian Politics. I just have to meet with another guy now in order to discuss my final paper and then write the 10 page paper and I'm fine. 
Then came back to the dorm hoping to take a nap although I didn't end up taking one. Left the dorm at 2:10 to go to my next presentation. This time I was speaking on University life in the USA. It was at a youth center in a different city about an hour away from Pécs. We arrived there around 3:30 and I got a tour for half an hour and then went to present. My supervisor presented first all in hungarian and then I presented. I had a translator!!! LOL It was so hilarious for me! I spoke for 20 minutes then the kids asked me a bunch of random questions and after the presentation two girls came up to me and asked me questions for another 10 minutes. All these high schoolers want to come to the USA. It's so fantastic.
After an hour drive back I got dropped off at my dorm which was nice and now I'm cooking zucchini for dinner. Hopefully I'll actually manage to go to bed at a decent hour because I teach english tomorrow. I need to find more conversations to go over with this guy. I meet with him tomorrow and Thursday at 7:45am for an hour. I get paid 2000 forints each time so I can't complain at all. 

No comments: