We stopped by the casino to rent skis and then continued up.
My skiing class didn't start till 12:30 so Sarah and Jacque took me on the bunny hill to practice. OMG I took them down a few times and we got completely tangled together. I was laughing so hard I was crying during this entire hour. We went up several times trying to get me to come down without falling which happened every time I tried to turn because I would cross my skis and whoops there I went... I got really really good at getting up :)
My skiing class started late because they didn't have enough instructors. So one of the bosses taught us. There was a couple there from Tucson and a guy from Phoenix in my class. They were nice and so encouraging because I was AWFUL. I got my ski stuck trying to get off the first lift. Then couldn't figure out how to stop so just went straight down the hill. Then we went up higher and I messed up turning and ended up skiing backwards into my instructor. Every time I tried to turn with my skis parallel I would fall over. Finally we got to go down the mountain and I just headed straight down. I realized it's a whole lot easier to head straight down and not stop till the bottom and turns are over rated lol I met up with my friends and we headed up for one last run and I kept passing them because they're good skiers and turn while I go straight down and then stop myself on top of new hills by turning the only way I know how and digging my skis into the snow. Ah the joys. I fell once when I went down with them and Jacque came over to help me and ended up falling over for her first time haha
We headed back to Sarah's place and watched star trek: nemesis and had delicious home made pizza.
After a good night's sleep Jacque and I headed back to Tucson where I just arrived a couple hours ago.
Ah perfect weekend. Now to go back to work...

No comments:
Post a Comment