Thursday, July 9, 2009

Flight home....

well I never want to do all that again. I made it to my flight just fine but I've never had such a painful flight! The flu still lingers on and so my sinuses were blocked and made the changed in altitude and pressure absolutely horrible! And my nose started bleeding. But once again copenhagen airport made me feel relaxed. Love it there. Just so upscale. I only had about twenty minutes before my flight to DC so I was sitting reading the newspaper when the girl next to me pokes me and points out side. It was a little finnish girl so in finnish I asked her what? And she just points again so I look out and down and there is a man being pinned by four security guards. They have his leg in an awful gruesome position and are handcuffing him with plastic ties. They also cuff his foot to his leg and are all just sitting on him for a while before two other guys come up and they lift the man and carry him away. We asked the lady at the desk what was going on and she said the man was being deported but did not want to leave Denmark.
Got onto my flight successfully and I'm sitting on an aisle seat next to a French couple and the lavatories. Luckily I wasn't planning on sleeping anyway. I watched Deception, How to Marry a Millionaire, I Am Sam, and Race to Witch Mountain. Oh and one episode of Bones.
The food was good but not as good as on the way there. This time we just got lunch and then a snack. A bit disappointing.
The french woman sitting beside me was so cute. She reminded me a lot of a great aunt. She kept trying to talk to me even though I couldn't really respond. She told me where she was from and showed me on a map and talked about her children and grandchildren. I think. lol It's been many years since I took French.
Well I finally made it to DC and through customs and passport control with only half an hour left before my flight. I hurried over with five minutes to spare which I spent buying a magazine to read on the last part of my flight.
No food on this flight so by the time I arrived in Phoenix I was starving. I called my mother as soon as we landed but it rang twice and then my phone died... argh. I still can't get it to charge or anything. I tired a pay phone as soon as I got off the plane but that also failed. Then I tried a phone card. Failure number three. I waited outside baggage for a couple minutes before borrowing someone's cell to call my mother. After another ten minute wait my sister and mother were there. I was so relived!
After a stop at In and Out I'm finally home! I miss Finland and will write more about my reflections on Finland in a couple days. Now I just want to get some sleep :)

No comments: