So I am now in turkey after one very long day. It’s 7:50 tucson time which means I have been up flying for over 24 hours. The terminal changes were awful. I barely made it each time but luckily I did. I managed to watch The Bucket List, Enchanted, and National Treasure 2, as well as documentaries on King Tut, airplane engines, and Italy. From Chicago to Istanbul the plane was smaller than the one from Dallas to Chicago which sucked. I tried to talk in Turkish to the guy next to me. It wasn’t awful. We got symposium and symphony switched up so that ended our conversation for a while and I think I have my kaç mixed up because I tried to ask how often he flew from turkey to American and he told me one week so I guess I asked how long he stayed in America? Really I think we were just both confused lol I attempted to read a Turkish newspaper and magazine. It wasn’t awful. I secretly really love hearing the announcements in Turkish especially since the English comes right after so I can try and figure out the Turkish and see how close I am. I must look American though because they would ask the guy sitting next to me what he wanted in Turkish but they would ask me in English ☹ Unfortunately, they lost my luggage so I am at space camp with no clothing. Hopefully, it’ll come tomorrow. There are two other girls that flew in with me from Chicago and one of them lent me clothes for the night so my clothes are in the washer (which I hope I set up correctly. I didn’t quite understand the dial…) There is also no internet in my room which really sucks. I have to go out in order to connect. Dinner’s not till seven here! I just might die.
I miss you guys! Stay in touch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Deborah,
We miss you so much over here. On the other side. haha. it sounds like one of us is dead. Ok, so mom, dad, and I were wondering what time you get on your computer, so we can stay up and wait for you. Just get back to us as soon as you can.
SLIDE AND KERPLUNK TIMES INFINITY TIMES ONE (got to bring you a little American spice).
I love you a ton Deborah,
Have fun, and have the experience of a lifetime.
Sarah
P.S. did you read my letter?
Post a Comment