Monday, June 21, 2010

Wow. If any of you have kept up on the news... It's intense. I'm safe and not close to any of it but it hurts me to see people that I have grown to love and respect hurting one another.
Since my last update I have gotten more sheep killed for me... I am missing chicken a bit haha Other than that the food has remained the same as it will for the rest of my service.
I traveled around a bit outside my village and there is more gorgeousness to be had. I am always stunned by the beauty of the mountains. On the one side it looks like you're in the grand canyon and on the other side it is like looking at the Alps.
I have been wearing the same clothes for weeks now. Seems so normal now. My outhouse never has toilet paper or even a book to tear sheets from and that no longer seems odd either.
I watched english exams today and that was a bit strange for me as an American. The teachers ask questions in English but then immediately translate into Kyrgyz and when the students have to text aloud the teachers correct every other word so that I can't tell if they can speak at all...
Love and miss you all very much! Send positive thoughts for this weekend when the referendum is occurring in this country.

No comments: