Monday, June 22, 2009

Anjalankoski!

I made it to the next camp and oh so much has happened in the last couple weeks. I went to Savonlinna which is a gorgeous old fortress in the middle of a lake. I also went to Retretti which is a fabulous art exhibition in a cave in the lake region. The main exhibit this year was Albert Edelfelt's The Nordic Summer which are all paintings depicting the Nordic countries around the turn of the century. Kirsi, Philip, and I had drinks down by the fortress in the warm sun. Finally the warmth and sun has come! 

Yesterday I headed to this next camp where I am currently sitting. The students come this afternoon so I have some time to explore. So far I like it here. I will probably have a roommate but we have a shower/bath room in our room unlike at the other camp where I had to walk to the other side past all the children's rooms to get to the bathroom. We're also right by a huge river which I really want to try and swim in even though it's so cold. Perhaps sauna and then a run down to the river and a jump in?

First we'll start the day with a trip to the local grocery store. There are two and they're right across from one another. lol I will go into both to study the selections :D

No comments: