Wednesday, June 24, 2009

So I had my first day at this new camp. I'm trying something new by switching teams with Greg half way through. So mornings I have the advanced group and afternoon I have the lower intermediate group. I really hope that it'll go well. It should be easier since I can basically use the same lessons twice but after a couple days I seem to have already forgotten how to teach again lol I explored town a bit more today and found the library so now I have an english, german, and swedish book to read in the next two weeks. I don't know what I would do without books?! I got a romance book in german (small selection lol) and an Agatha Christie book in Swedish and some romance book that the other woman teacher recommended to me. 

I only have five days of work before the  break this time which is good for me. I get next Monday and Tuesday off and the kids are going to Helsinki for one day so I might go with them and just wander around. But I also plan on spending my last few days before home in Helsinki since I have not been yet. Or perhaps I'll spend some time in Kouvola. It's the nearest "big" city. 

I can't believe tomorrow is my birthday... Another year gone. And I'm in Finland?! Last year I was in Turkey. Wow. Just wow. I feel so very lucky. 

2 comments:

Debsroxyrsox said...

Romance book in German, eh? Sounds like fun! Do you have any special plans for your b-day? 22 is a good number! Isn't it crazy how fast time flies?!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Deborah,
We miss you.
Love, Mom