So I am in Kitee and have been teaching for the last few days. I have eleven Russian children that I'm teaching. They're lower intermediate speakers and just yell at one another in Russian. Don't really know how to handle them... Oh well. I only have them for less than 5 hours a day so not too bad. They'll watch one movie next week. Already looking forward to that lol The rest of my time here is spent walking around the tiny town. My favorite part of finnish towns are their churches with the memorial to those that died in the winter war. It's the first place I go in each town now. I like to look at all the names. I'll post some pics once I have access to internet for more than just a few minutes and once I can get all my photos loaded. Maybe the next camp I'll have better internet access... I think it's good for me to get used to just being on my own. There are two other teachers. One is married to a Finn and lives in town so he just comes to teach and then leaves so don't really see him and then there's one other teacher. Actually an American so that's awesome. I have some finnish books I want to translate but instead I have been spending much of my free time trying to come up with new activities my students can do. It's hard to know what they'll like and not like and they continue to surprise me.
Hope everything is good in the warmth! I miss the warm weather so much! It's freezing here but otherwise lovely! And they keep reminding me that there's no bad weather just bad clothing lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment