Sunday was movie day for the students. We watched Never Cry Wolf which they seemed to enjoy. Then in the afternoon we watched Baraka with them which is great if you haven't seen it. They had to write two paragraphs in which they described a scene from the movie.
Monday I went to Helsinki. The children were going on a bus so I figured might as well go with them. Otherwise it is very very expensive to take a train to Helsinki or really anywhere in Finland. I got to meet up with my friend Iida and her boyfriend Mikko for a few hours before they had to drive back up north. It was so nice to see them both.
The rest of the afternoon/night I wandered around Helsinki and wandered and wandered. I really enjoy the town. It's not a great town to visit but I think I would actually enjoy living there.
Yesterday I had another day off and went with Andrea to Kouvola the closest "city." We just hung out with a friend she has from a few years back and talked. It was a nice day off even though I haven't saunaed in a few days... Sauna is my favorite thing here. And yogurt. I have a fondness for this peach-raspberry yogurt that they give every night.
Now I'm off to another day of teaching. Five left. Luckily the play is this week so 45 minutes of each day will be dedicated to the play.
Hope all are doing well!

No comments:
Post a Comment