I had one week off from Space Camp this week so Ann, Peter, Cheryl, Anna, and I went to Bulgaria. Cheryl and Anna went from Sophia to Macedonia but the rest of us have just stayed in Bulgaria. We all took a night bus from Izmir to Istanbul. Nine hours. Istanbul was awesome. I got to see Iskender, Mugeemir, and Orhan. Mini global simulation reunion. That night we took a train to Sophia, Bulgaria. Sophia was okay. I didn't love it. We spent a day and a night before taking the bus to Veliko Tarnovo which I absolutely love! It's so gorgeous here. We were going to continue on to Romania but decided to explore around here more instead. Everything's cheap compared to Turkey and it's absolutely beautiful here. Our hostel which is so clean is about three minutes away from a fortress. There's also monasteries around the outskirts of town. The food is pretty cheap and so good. I had zadarma or something like that. It's cooked in a pot and has pork, onions, peppers, cheese, egg all in it. Looks gross but is soooo good. We might be going hiking today or at least go up to the fortress and tomorrow night we're taking the night train back to istanbul. It's a 19 hour ride from here but I love the sleeper trains. I haven't slept so well in a long time.
I can't believe I'll be heading back to Turkey so soon. I won't get another real break until July 27th till August 3rd. I'm so going to Istanbul for that break. I really want to explore the city for at least four days.
Hope everyone's having a fantastic summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hope you have soon time to post pictures of the trip.
Wish you a wonderful day on the 25 June for your 21th Birthday. Wish we could be celebrating with you.
Love, Mom and Dad
Post a Comment