Monday, June 30, 2008

It has been a long time since I updated this and a lot has happened. We made it back from Bulgaria. We hitchhiked to Izmir with this father and son who were so nice. I gave them each a whirly bird in thanks lol 
I was on support all last week. I much prefer having a team. With a team you work shorter hours and have something to do always. I don't like just walking around helping people. I prefer having control of my own team. Last week was the fourth of july event with the american embassy and NATO. It was pretty fun. I wore red, white, and blue :) It was also my birthday. I was supposed to work until 11pm but they let me off at 10 and Ann, Peter, and I made it to Alsancak in time to see the rest of the Germany v Turkey game. Poor Turkey... I learned the thriller dance from 13 going on 30 that I'm going to perform at special events night. It's a good skill to have lol Currently, we all perform cha cha slide which is waaaaaaaaay too long. 
This week I have my own team. Well I share 13 kids with James. I had them from 12 till 11pm yesterday and from 8am till 3pm today. Now I'm off till 3pm tomorrow. I have two german boys, two russian girls (who taught me their alphabet. So excited!), two turkish boys, and six Israelis that speak both hebrew and arabic so I was practicing arabic with them and they were teaching me the hebrew alphabet so I'm determined to know both alphabets by the end of the week. I love learning new things from these kids. They just are so impressive to me since they are able to communicate in so many different languages. 
I just found out that next week I am going to be giving a 10-15 minute presentation on challenger. I have to make the presentation in my free time. I'm spreading the Challenger love even over here :)

No comments: