Thursday, June 12, 2008

Second Team

My second team was absolutely amazing. 13 really good cute kids. They nicknamed me P-Debbie and in return for being good I wore a baseball cap sideways and said things like goody-goody night lol With cool hand gestures they taught me. Unfortunately, they're all really good soccer players so when we went outside to play I ended up doing a lot of soccer ball retrieval. They loved the mission and all the simulators and actually paid attention during my lectures and asked questions. I couldn't have been happier. I signed two of their hats and they all gave me hugs before they left. Just so sweet. I have six weeks of camps starting on the 22nd of June. 
 I have today and tomorrow off. Tomorrow night is a bbq so I'll go to that and sunday I go on a boat trip to Cesme and Donkey Island with half the counselors. That should be fun. I'm happy to get the chance to swim. It's been a long time since I did any form of exercise. 
Then the 22nd I start the six day camps. I'm excited for those because I'll get to know my kids better. Yay for that. 
Going to Tansaş now to get eriks and yogurt. My two favorite things. 

1 comment:

JocelynneSimone said...

How old are these kids you are working with? I don't think I ever thought to ask before you left, but they sound really young. Good luck! Sounds like this second group was great. I can't get over the image of you in your sideways baseball cap and the hand gestures.