Monday, September 8, 2008

Books

I finished reading Freakonomics yesterday and My American Journey by Colin Powell today. Freakonomics was very interesting. A different way of thinking about things. For instance, the decision in Roe vs Wade was the thing that caused crime to go down. Highly recommend this book. It was well written and a quick, easy read. 
Colin Powell's autobiography on the other hand was definitely not a quick read by any means. I did enjoy it though. 
I have a few more books to read but I took a break and went grocery shopping. Bought frozen garlic bread which was amazing because instead of slicing it in half like they do in the states this is sliced diagonally into slices and then that is filled with the garlic spread so the slices are perfect. No excess spread in some or the others and both sides of the slice have spread. It was amazing lol Also bought yogurt and wanted sour cream and potatoes but was so tired after hunting for sour cream just to find out that it's called yogurt. argh. So I decided to leave it lol 
Tomorrow I'll work at American Corners all day and Wednesday I move into my new dorm and I have one class on thursday. Not a bad week :)

No comments: