Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Classes

So I'm still taking Finnish and loving it even though I really am awful at it. There are so many of the sounds that I either can't pronounce or can't pronounce easily so it's a constant struggle but I've been practicing at least an hour every day so I think I'll get better. 
I have a new poli sci class! yay! Local Hungarian Politics starts tomorrow morning. So far I know of one other person taking it and she's also American. So that should be interesting. My hungarian course starts next week. I like most of the people in my class so I think that should be fun. And Political Communications teacher feels bad for me so he's going to offer the course even though I'm the only one taking it. And finally I'm taking a course in German. Eek. I'm incredibly worried. I emailed the professor in german and he just emailed back with the date of the first class and that I had to read the first 9 pages of the text and be prepared to discuss. Oh dear. I'm going to try... 
At least I have finnish. It really just makes me so happy. And all the people here make me so happy. Today was the movie night at american corners so they were showing Walk the Line. Unfortunately, I missed the first hour and a half because a girl from the school journal was interviewing me for the article. So now I'll be featured in an article and I wrote an article for the paper last week lol I'm feeling very special here. 
I've been cooking dinner with Margareta, a croatian girl who has been studying hungarian for four years and translates for me in Finnish class.  I'm considering lengthening my stay here by a few days so that I can go visit her in Zagreb while the skiing competition is going on there. It's supposed to be really cool and it's on the 4th of January which is when I was supposed to leave. We'll see. My goal for the weekend is to figure out when I'm going where for the rest of this year. 
Hope everyone's classes are going well! Can you believe it's almost October already?!

No comments: