So now I am in Budapest. So far the most exciting thing has been being able to flush my toilet paper down a very clean toilet. I can't wait to take a shower in the morning. I'm just too tired to do it right now.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Bucharest to Budapest
Whew. 6:30 am train to Budapest. It's not a sleeper and I'm so tired after not sleeping all night so I'm so thankful when there's just one other guy in my compartment. Hilarious thing is this is a german man from Leipzig. He first gets mad at me for not speaking Romanian but then he starts complaining in German so I apologize in German. haha He told me that my german wasn't awful and we talked for quite a while about eastern europe where he's been bicycling through for three months. About the dog problem that's throughout the countries and about Turks in Germany. All very interesting. Then I lay out on the four chairs on my side and go to sleep for a few hours. Unfortunately, a guy comes in around 10am. I talk to him for a little while. He worked on a fishing boat in Alaska. He absolutely loves America but the german guy hates America lol He says we're all on coke. Always snorting it lol A woman comes in and sits down next to me. She doesn't speak any english or german so just the romanian guy speaks with her. He tells me I look tired and I tell him that I am so he tells me to lie down and sleep. I do. I sleep for another hour before he leaves and then another thirty minutes till the woman and german man leaves and three french people come in. They were rather fun. I played card games with them but most of the time we just slept sitting up with soooo much luggage all around us. We finally made it into Budapest around 1opm. One of the french men takes my rolling suitcase off the train for me and I run into Susannah and Sebena again who I had lost on the way to this train. Sebena comes with me to my hostel which is right near the station and Susannah heads to her hostel which is two hostel stops away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment