So Ann and I left last Saturday at 10:50am. The first part of our trip brought us to Kuşadası where we discovered no buses to Antalya and the bus to Adana went far too late so we took a bus to Denizle. We got into Denizle that night and took a minibus to Pammukale. We met an American woman traveling by herself on that mini bus. I felt so bad for her. Most of the local people kept asking where she was from and then telling her that she couldn't be from America because she was most definitely Asian. It was absolutely gorgeous there. We ate dinner with a view of Pammukale and then in the morning we went and climbed it. The pictures just don't do it justice.

After going through Pammukale we walked around the town and then headed back to Denizle. Ack. here we had to wait seven hours for our overnight bus to Adana! So... we tried every kind of turkish drink we could find. Many many teas and a cocoa which was disgusting. While waiting at the bus stop an english boy came out asking about Pammukale. We advised him to definitely go. Don't know if they did or not. Our bus finally came and we were on our way to Adana! Overnight buses get tiring. They stop every few hours so you can get out and use the bathroom and get something to eat. They offer you water and tea, coffee, or nescafe after every break. I have grown fond of the nescafe. We finally arrived in Adana where we saw a mini bus going to Mersin (as if we hadn't spent enough time on buses....) we hopped on and went to the sea. Ann really really wanted to swim in the Mediterranean Sea. First, we went to a recommended fast food restaurant that served Iskender (our favorite food). It was amazing and soooo fast! Unfortunately, Mersin is a port town not a beach town. However, as we walked along the boardwalk a man came up asking if we wanted to rent a boat. I spoke with him in german and managed to get us a 45 minute boat ride so we could go swim.
The picture following is us after swimming. I was so happy that I conversed in German without any big problems. It was such fun.


No comments:
Post a Comment