So this is my last group of the summer. Got them last night. I have 11 boys and 2 girls. I have three from Turkey and two from Jordan and then the rest are from Israel but from different parts in Israel. All but two of the Israelis speak Arabic so they can communicate in that. The two boys from Jordan are sooo good at English which is so nice and refreshing. They are actually taught by Americans at their school and all their classes but religion and arabic are in english. I am so impressed by these boys. One of them wants to be an engineer and work on Artificial Intelligence. Three of my kids want to be doctors. A lot of them don't know english at all. One exchange: Me: "This joystick lets you go backwards and forwards and left and right." Boy: "No." Me: "No what?" Boy: "Yes?" Me: "Um. front back left right." Boy: "No?" ... Problem var. They really try though. The ones that don't understand just sit there whereas other groups I have they will just be disruptive.
It's only Monday though so who knows how the rest of the week will go. It's a hard week because we work really long hours and do basically all the activities. Someone else takes my team for mini golf, mission patch, and mars colony which are all the easy, downtime activities so that makes me sad.
I'll be going to Istanbul for a few days next week and then probably to Rhodes (a greek island) and then I'm taking a train to Hungary on the 22nd or 23rd. It'll take me three days to get there but it should be fun. I'm going up through Bulgaria and Romania which are both sooo pretty.
No comments:
Post a Comment